Monday, January 21, 2008

(Un)Intentional Funny Headline of the Day

While reading the headlines, trying to stay up to date on all the current events, I see this:

"GUESTS GATHER FOR HILLARY FUNERAL"

What was your first reaction? Don't lie. I know what it was. If you're not a morbid, sick, twisted person, I'm betting that you thought Hillary Clinton had dropped her candidacy, and some smart-ass producer at CNN.com was being cute. If you are morbid, sick, and twisted, you thought Hillary Clinton was dead. And then you laughed.

Well, Hillary Clinton is alive and well, and, unfortunately*, doing quite well in her bid for the White House. This headline is for the famous explorer Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to conquer Mt. Everest. So put away the champagne, Barack.

On a semi-related note, I saw that CBS is bringing back Jericho this winter (Don't worry, I'll tie this into the Hillary Clinton reference in a minute). Last I checked, that show had been canceled because the idea of Skeet Ulrich saving anything is completely outside the realm of willful suspension of disbelief. And then I read this article. Apparently, the 14 people that liked Jericho sent an ungodly amount of peanuts to CBS, which convinced them to put Jericho back on the air. Personally, I think it's a form of group punishment rather than giving into the dreaded peanut petition.

So this got me thinking - perhaps we can convince Hillary to drop out of the race by sending her a quadrillion of something. It needs to be something completely random like used coffee filters, 8 track cassettes, or used Pictionary drawings. I don't know - just something. Leave a comment with your suggestion, and we can do this thing grass roots style.

Footnotes:
* Yep, I really don't want Hillary in the White House. Not because she's a woman, but because she will be a horrible President.