Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Is this bad??

There is a new video game out that has Presidential candidates shooting each other in the White House with paintball guns. When I first saw this, I didn't see what the big deal was and I guess I still don't. I can understand the outrage if this was a game that had semi-decent graphics and used weapons other than a paintball gun, but the graphics are cartoonish and paint balls are usually not the choice of ammunition amongst assassins.

If you read the Smokinggun.com article that accompanies this game, you would think that this game is going to push someone over the top to go out and kill someone. While the world is full of violence and there is no shortage of it in video games, this one seems kind of harmless. Now if someone says this game caused them to go out and shoot someone, then I will reevaluate my position. However, until then I think having Obama shoot Edwards with paint balls in a sub-par video game is much better than actually watching them debate each other in real life. It might not be the classiest thing ever, but having a former president going out on the campaign trail and trashing people from his own party isn't either.

Play the game and let me know what you think...is this bad?