Wednesday, January 23, 2008

In Mascot National Championship News

In what can only be described as a miscarriage of justice, The University of Tennessee's Smokey has won the 2008 National Mascot Championship. I realize that I am biased towards Auburn, however if you saw Smokey in action and you saw Aubie in action, there is no comparison. The article does give Aubie his props…saying that he was a strong competitor but that an oversized hound dog was a better mascot. This humble commentator begs to differ. At least the useless nut mascot that is Ohio State’s didn’t make the cut.

Below is my evidence on why Aubie should be considered one of the greatest mascots to walk planet Earth. The only explanations for moves like that is some white guy that is in epileptic shock or the premier mascot of our time. I will go with the latter, but keeping in mind I know who Aubie is in this video, I could probably make a good case for the former. WAR EAGLE!!!