Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I redact my predictions!!!

Not too long ago I boldly predicted what was going to happen in the Presidential primaries. I went out on a limb and declared Obama the victor even though only one state had actually voted. I thought that he had momentum and nothing could stop him...I clearly underestimated the Clinton's.


Obama was up double digits in some polls that were released yesterday and I thought that at 8:00pm last night (when the polls closed) Obama was going to be declared the winner and might even announce he was running for King of the World. That clearly did not happen and now Hillary gets to call herself the "Comeback Kid" forever. Whoever thought that she should tear up the day before the vote is a genius. I am not saying that move was political...but it was, come on, its the Clinton's.


On the Republican side McCain won by 5% and that was pretty much expected (if not closer than people thought). While I do not support McCain in the primaries I am not too upset that he won...at least it was The Huck. Mitt should have won New Hampshire...he summers there (Bobby claims that if you use summer as a verb you are rich...I tend to agree). It is now on to Michigan for the Republicans and the race will be between McCain, Romney and The Huck. Huck will have more Evangelicals to rely on, McCain will have the wave of momentum and Romeny's dad was the governor there a long time ago. It should be close but I guess anything is possible.


I am finished with predictions on the primaries...obviously they only bring me shame. So I officially redact my earlier predictions...therefore you can not bring them up at any future time. The power of redaction.