Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Simon Cowell is not a heartless bastard??

In honor (or honour if you are British) of American Idol being back on the air, I felt that we should do a feel good story to help promote the show (every little bit helps). It turns out that Simon Cowell actually cares about other people...and animals. In discussing his newly written will, Cowell lets the world know that he is a Bill Gates in the making.

However, instead of giving billions of dollars away and doing it while still alive, Simon will be giving $180 million away when he dies. I don't mean to diminish his generosity, because I would love to be able to give away that kind of money. Who will be watching for the obituary of Simon Cowell, well the children and animals of the world will be the primary beneficiaries. I say good for you Simon. Thank you for letting the entire world know how generous you are. It reminds me of an old Michael Scott quote:


“When I retire, I don’t want to just move to some island somewhere. I want to be the guy who gives it all back. I want it to be like, ‘Hey…who donated that hospital wing that’s saving so many lives?’…‘I don’t know. It was anonymous.’…‘Well, guess what. It was Michael Scott.’…‘But how do you know? It was anonymous.’…‘Because I’m him.’