Tuesday, January 29, 2008

McCain Wins More Than Florida Primary

Don't mind the old guy on the left...Jeri Thompson is hot (that is not a cliche its a fact).



Yeah, sure he got a huge win tonight (Tuesday January 29). He won all of Florida's delegates, gets tons of free media attention and has the big M (momentum) going into next Tuesday's voting in 22 states. McCain is not my first choice...probably not in my top 3 but I have to congratulate him. He was able to out "straight talk" Romney and got those really, really old people out to vote. Probably promised them some free Metamucil or something. More importantly though, he won the right to use political cliche's that have withstood the test of time. He now is able to get out on the stump (inside talk for political events) and use all sorts of phrases that will promise to bring much cheering and hooting and hollering.

For example, how about this gem, "Its great to be here in __________ (insert your town)!!" Or this fan favorite, "We are going to take this train all the way to WASHINGTON!!!" Speaking of trains, McCain loves getting on the, "Straight Talk Express". I am not sure if he is able to use "The Comeback Kid" anymore but hopefully he will be able to let everyone know that he is in fact ready to, "go to Washington and get to work for the American people." Also, if you are able to rhyme your name in slogans then you are golden. "Mac is Back", "Fit like Mitt", "Yo Mama's for Obama", "Fred's wife is hot" (I realize that does not rhyme, but she is, look at the picture). I made up a couple of those...so if those campaigns would like to contact me about maybe selling the rights to them I would be happy to negotiate a price.

So, as we probably look at the Republican nominee for President, I can only hope that Senator McCain has employed a campaign cliche manager so that he gets his message out in as simple way as possible. It has been an interesting political season...and it looks like for the Republican side of things we get the Maverick from Arizona. I just can't wait till the next phase, and the cliches that these candidates will pull out to impress the really dumb people who make up 89% of the American electorate (I obviously include myself in this).