Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Are You F-ing Kidding Me?

So Fulton County (the county Atlanta is in) has decided they're going to do a little experiment: pay students for going to school and then getting better grades and test scores. Have we just completely given up on trying to teach accountability for actions?

This is, in effect, punishing the students that attend class, study, and get good grades and test scores. Not only are the lazy students going to get more attention from the school, they're going to be making money doing it. If I was a student in this school, what possible motivation would I have for doing well? I can pay attention in school, do my homework, study, and get absolutely nothing. Or I can play hooky, get bad grades, and then get money to do what I should be doing anyway.

Thanks, Fulton County Government. You've just made parents that much less responsible for raising their kids. I think you should go ahead and just make the welfare payments automatic when these kids "graduate" from school.