Monday, January 21, 2008

Early Voting

Not to brag, or bring unwarranted attention to myself, but I have already voted in Tennessee's Presidential Primary (don't be jealous). You might be thinking to yourself, "is this luxury only afforded to top notch bloggers who happen to be hilarious?" The short answer is no (so is the long answer). If you know me, this is not a huge shock seeing how I am probably the only person who tunes into C-Span for fun. However, this is a huge convenience for voters all over Tennessee (or any state that allows early voting). It was easy and quick. All I had to do was go to an early voting precinct place and BAM I was in like Flint. You have to show them your voter ID card and tell them if you want a Republican or a Democratic ballot (they assume you can't read if you choose the Democratic ballot so they read it to you....ZINGER!!!!). You take it over to the booth and tap on your screen who you want to vote for and them hit the blinking red button at the top of the machine that says "VOTE". Its simple...so simple in fact that old people were working the machines.


I would encourage everyone to vote in the primary. With early voting...everyone should be able to go and cast your vote for who you want to represent your party. If not, I don't want to hear your complaining when the match up in November is Dennis Kucinich vs. Ron Paul (God forbid).