Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I See A Parent of the Year Nomination in Her Future

If this turns out to be true...wow. While I read celebrity rags when I am at the doctors office or if they are at Sean and Christie’s house, I am not a big fan of blogging about them…there are many more important topics like urinal etiquette. However this is ridiculous. OK! Magazine and TMZ (both highly reputable sources) are reporting that Jamie Lynn Spears (yeah…Britney’s 16 year old sister) is pregnant.


She is reported as to saying that she wants to keep the baby (which is a positive...maybe she could put it up for adoption) and be an incredible mom like her older sister (I added that last part). Not only did she get knocked up while being only 16 but she was living with her boyfriend of a year. So…lets do the math. She started “dating” this guy when she was 15. Moved in together within the last year. I wonder how that conversation went? Maybe something like this:

Spears: I really like the Pink Power Ranger
Idiot Boyfriend: Ummm…yeah. I just got the new Razor Scooter.
Spears: That is awesome…wanna move in with me?
Idiot Boyfriend: Ummm…sure.


Where are the parents? I know that mamma Spears is not all there…but what about the boyfriends’ parents? Could it be that they are as stupid and trashy as the Spears’ Family? I pray that this kid somehow is able to rise above what it will be born into and actually make something of itself. It is sad when we feel sorry for the kid of a millionaire celebrity even before they are born. Says a lot for the Spears Family. I am pretty sure that we could go ahead and nominate the entire Spears family as Idiots of the Year.


---Update

Her boyfriend is 19 years old. Pretty sure that this breaks some type of law. The future father's name is Casey Aldridge. I guess his parents are not that important to the story but Jamie's should still be relevant in her life. This is just sad.