Thursday, February 14, 2008

This Freaked Me Out

WARNING: This is weird. Very, very weird. If any of you are readers of the Drudge Report then you saw this story a couple days ago, but here at D&F we love being the official site of 2 day old news. This guy is really short and decided one day that he wanted to be a “body builder”. At 2 feet 9 inches he is officially the world’s shortest bodybuilder. Which got me thinking…what is considered a body builder? Just because this guy goes to the gym, does that make him a bodybuilder? He only weighs 20 pounds and is able to lift 3.3 pounds. That is basically (for all your math retarded people) 16.5% of his body weight. In order for me to call myself stronger pound for pound than him, I would have to be able to lift 24.75 pounds. I think it is safe to say that I am stronger, pound for pound, than the worlds smallest body builder. HA. By default that should make me the worlds most average sized body builder. I will be happy to submit photos and videos of my lifting to Guinness if they need proof.

It turns out that this little guy is a huge hit in his tiny (no pun intended) town in India. My guess is that there are a ton of groupies outside his gym and he can take is pick of ladies. You might be asking yourself if he is disproportioned like regular dwarfs well,

“Unlike many dwarfs, Romeo is well proportioned, with a head circumference of 15in and a chest measurement of 20in.”

That is good to know. Also, what has this newfound fame gone to his head? Unfortunately, yes.

“I've been training as a bodybuilder for the last two years and by now I think I must be the strongest dwarf in the world.”

Woah calm down there Romeo…that is like saying I am the world record holder in Donkey Kong (Billy Mitchell)…not something you want your kids telling their friends at school (unless you actually want them to be beaten up).

So I was debating putting a picture of this guy or not…but I think I have to. So for your viewing pleasure…here is Romeo “The Self Proclaimed World’s Strongest Dwarf”:



He is going for tone...not bulk.