Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's Super Tuesday

One of the many candidates...Mitt Romney (not an endorsement).

In what can only be explained as a political junkie’s wet dream it is Super Tuesday. 24 states go to the polls to decide who is going to represent the two political parties going into the November election. While technically the Democrats can sow up their nominee tonight it probably won’t happen. The Republicans can not sow up their nominee but they can put someone on the track to the nominee or keep it a two person race.

The multitude of D&F readers (they number in the tens) have been asking me to declare my allegiance to a candidate. While I am sure most people know which party I would be more likely to vote for, I do not see a need to expos my political views on such impressionable people. Privately, I have told people who I voted for (I early voted like two or three weeks ago) and who I hope wins and doesn’t win but I do not think D&F is the place to try to influence the vote. All I really want is for people to actually go out of their way and vote today and in November. If you are still unsure about who shares your values and beliefs, then this website gives you the cliff-notes.

So, go out and vote. Get that cool sticker and be proud that we live in a country where we go to the polls peacefully and elect people to lead the greatest nation in the world into the future (and hopefully that future includes flying cars).