Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Official D&F Endorsement Blog

Don't get too excited. I'm not going to endorse one candidate over another. Although, if you're a faithful D&F reader, I have tipped my hand on a couple occasions. Regardless, this entry is more about endorsements other people have made.

When a candidate drops out of the race, they typically endorse one of the remaining candidates in an effort to instruct those who were planning on voting for the quitter. Since he's a dirt-bag ambulance chaser, Edwards opted not to endorse anyone when he dropped out, wanting to keep his options open. I'd be willing to be that he text messages Obama and Clinton on a daily basis asking if he can be their running mate.

Speaking of dropping out, why are Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee still in the race? Ok, I guess there's a remote chance Huckabee will accomplish something today, but come on, Ron Paul? Note to future Presidential candidates: don't rely on hand-painted bed sheets for your campaign signs. It doesn't exactly give a professional impression.

I guess there is some purpose behind a candidate, once he or she drops out, in endorsing one of the remaining candidates. However, I really don't care what anyone in Hollywood has to say about the Presidential election. In fact, if there is one group of people that I feel comfortable saying is universally unqualified to give any political advice, it's Hollywood stars, and mimes.

Unfortunately, that doesn't stop stars from running their mouths on a regular basis. George Clooney is supporting Obama - in case you were waiting to make up your mind based upon the advice from the worst Batman ever. How about this one - The Grateful Dead (at least the ones that are still alive) also support Barack Obama. Do people really think that acid rock bands and movie stars know anything about what makes a good President? Don't answer that - my brain can't handle the truth right now.

Oh well. I'm going to wait until Britney makes an endorsement. Then I'll make up my mind on who to vote for, unless she endorses a crack pipe or crystal meth, which is entirely possible.