Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Political Comment of the Day

Based on the commentary from our readership and my first-hand knowledge of who reads this blog, there are a handful of people that I know are faithful Democrats and will probably vote for Barack regardless of what I post. Ok, Hillary has a "winning the Powerball jackpot" chance of securing the nomination, but for posting purposes, let's assume Barack is going to be the Democratic nominee.

Anyway - my point is that the other non-Democrat readers are just as likely to not vote for Barack, so it would seem that me posting anti-Barack information would be a futile effort. Well, it's not, and how dare you insult my blogging! I post on the off chance that said Democrat readers will see the light (coincidentally, this is as likely as Hillary winning the nomination), and for the Republican die hards to get some good ammunition to argue with Barack supporters and / or people sitting on the fence.

So, without further ado, I bring a good commentary on Obama and his past from Thomas Sowell. Of particular note is his observation on Barack's kung-fu grip on the youth vote:

"It is understandable that young people are so strongly attracted to Obama. Youth is another name for inexperience -- and experience is what is most needed when dealing with skillful and charismatic demagogues."

- Thanks to B1 for the tip.