Thursday, April 3, 2008

Back in The Day

Everyone out there has, at some point in their life, had the realization that if you knew then (often described as 'back in the day') what you know now, your life would have turned out drastically different. I have this thought on a regular basis. Today's example is Justin Timberlake.

The following video shows Justin at an early age singing some god-awful country song and prancing around like he's the mascot for Queer Eye for the Straight Guy or something. Prior to recent developments - namely the fact that Justin is bumping uglies with D&F's "Reader" of the Month, Jessica Biel - I would have made merciless fun of this kid and his parents, regardless of who they were. But not now - now I know what acting like this will get you - hot chicks. Sure, you may have to endure a myriad of atomic wedgies, beatings, and verbal insults, but come on - every red-blooded American male would gladly pay that price for Jessica (even the gay men).

Furthermore, had I known when I was younger that doing this kind of crap would land me tail like Jessica Biel when I was older (not to mention the other "buddies" Justin has had - Cameron Diaz, a much better looking Britney Spears, etc.), I would have been a friggin' star on the talent show circuit.

Maybe William was onto something when he took ballet, tap, and modern dance lessons.