Sunday, April 20, 2008

Blind Allegiance

And here I was on Sunday morning, thinking I would have a hard time to find something to inspire me to blog. Well, let me rephrase that - there is still plenty of material from the Democratic debate the other night, but all the "professional" bloggers have hit the points I would make. There's no point in reinventing the wheel, right? FYI - I put "professional" in quotations because I am jealous of the people who get paid to blog. That seems like a dream job to me.

To be honest, there's probably hundreds of posts on what I'm about to provide commentary, but I wasn't able to find it in my exhaustive 3 minute search, and I have thus deemed it original. So there.

While campaigning in Gun-lovin-God-clinging-Racist-vania, Barack made comments describing Hillary's tactics as "slash and burn." He also made the brilliant observation that Hillary will say whatever people want to hear in her bid to be President.

I don't know about you, but I am absolutely shocked. For someone to base their Presidential campaign on empty rhetoric and words that are designed to placate the masses and make them feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside is not the sort of leadership this country needs. Is there a stronger word than "hypocrite"? Because this is simply out of control.

Barack's economic policies are laughable. He wants to raise taxes while the country is clearly on the verge of a recession; his solution to lift the supposed middle-class tax burden is to increase payroll taxes (social security and medicare) which will increase payroll taxes mostly on - wait for it - the middle class. Capital gains is to be increased (doubled if Obama really had his way); never mind the fact that over 100 million Americans own stock, and that taxing capital gains is the number one way to stifle business growth (read: increase employment / income).

Let's talk foreign policy - invade Pakistan; precipitously pull American forces out of Iraq, regardless of the consequences; and the latest addition to the Obama Doctrine - stop short of criticizing Carter's little trip to talk to Hamas. That's right. Obama has yet to state that negotiating with terrorists is completely unacceptable. Carter (and now Obama's) apparent belief that one can negotiate with terrorists and reasonably expect them to keep their word is along the lines of Chamberlin's appeasement policies leading up to World War II.

The willingness of Obamanites to not critical analyze his policies and plans is shocking, almost inexcusable. I won't get started on the company the man keeps.

Enjoy your Sunday. Hopefully, I will be able to post more at work next week.