Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Proper Bathroom Etiquette

While eating lunch today at the beautiful Greenville Mall I had to use the restroom. Being a male, I have the ability to use a urinal. I would like to think I was brought up in the proper way. Respect your elders, love your neighbor, fear God and use correct bathroom etiquette. This last one however does not seem to be taught to everyone. Part of the proper etiquette is to not start conversations with other patrons, wash your hands and do NOT use a urinal next to someone else. I can not tell you how often this happens but today I felt the need to write about it.


I was standing at the last urinal in a line of 5. Another individual comes in and decides that he wants to use the one right next to mine. I am sorry...but this is unacceptable. There is not a worse choice that he could have made in that situation. This is probably what got Senator Larry Craig in trouble...he didn't know proper etiquette. I have linked a game that will help those out who don't know how to choose the correct urinal. This game has been around for a while...but I guess people need a little refresher. Hopefully that man in the bathroom reads this blog (however, he was not part of my family so he probably doesn't) and will learn the proper etiquette before the next time he uses a urinal.