Sunday, November 25, 2007

Outrage of the Weekend

For those who either read the post below or actually watched the Iron Bowl (which Auburn won for the 6th straight year...I am really glad Alabama paid Nick Saban $4 million/year to loose to UL Monroe and Auburn) you know that there was an incident towards the end of the game with an Auburn player and a police dog.

What I would like explained to me is why do you have trained attack dogs sitting three feet from the playing surface with guys running full speed in their direction. I can understand crowd control and everything...but that is why you have the army of yellow coats come out. Thankfully Gerard Powers (the Auburn defender)looks fine, but come on. Sacrificing players safety so a couple drunk college students won't jump onto the field is ridiculous.

My suggestion would be to keep the dogs in the tunnel and only bring them out if students start to jump onto the field. I am willing to bet that this will not happen again.

Oh yeah...Auburn won.