Tuesday, November 27, 2007

BCS and Stuff (Guest Blogger Bobby2)

Good article about the absolute stupidity that is the BCS; starts off with the riddle - How can number 1 Missouri be the underdog in the Big 12 Championship? Hang on - I just got done studying for this type of LSAT question. If Missouri is number 1, but got beat by the Big 12 South representative to the Championship (Oklahoma) - then shouldn't Oklahoma be number 1. Hang on, Oklahoma, got beat by 2 unranked teams (Texas Tech and Colorado). Ok, scratch that one. We'll go to the perennial favorite OSU. Nope - they got beat by an unranked Illinois team. Damn it. And so on... I would continue this little game until I could logically get Auburn into the National Championship, but even I can't say that with a straight face this year. Speaking of which, we have one more game with the Cox-man. One more. I have no idea what Tubberville has recruited beyond Cody Burns, but I pray he's given up on the whole "middle-aged 'student' who suffered through some debilitating nerve disorder* so he has the will and spirit to fight and therefore deserves to start every game his senior year" angle. I would much rather keep it simple - a quarterback that can scramble and throw, or how about a quarterback that can throw and at least make good decisions (like throw the ball away when X number of defenders are bearing down on me). Or even a quarterback that doesn't audible every single time the defensive package doesn't resemble one of the four options on Techmo bowl.

I digress. I must now continue my experiments to render the vocal chords of Harry**

On a lighter note - I just got a new stuffed bear. I am going to name it Mohammad.***

That is all.

Footnotes
* - Oh, and no offense to those who have the debilitating nerve disorder. I'm sure it sucks - but I maintain that overcoming that particular hardship is not a get out jail free card when it comes to bad decisions. Sorry Brandon...
** - Full Name: Harry The Most Retarded and Dumbest Cat on the Planet. If it were up to me, Harry and her incessant meowing would be up there with waterboarding and flushing the Koran down the toilet.
*** - Read the news.