Friday, November 30, 2007

College Football This Weekend

With Ohio State not having to play a championship game this weekend, I figured I would help them and their fans out with what to watch this weekend (all times Eastern):

ACC Championship Game:
(6) Va. Tech vs. (11) Boston College 1pm on ABC

SEC Championship Game:
(14) Tennessee vs. (7) LSU 4pm on CBS

Big 12 Championship Game:
(9) Oklahoma vs. (1) Missouri 8pm on ABC

I know that we have discussed the complete mess the BCS is and how incredibly backwards it is that a team like Ohio State can waltz into the National Championship game without having to first win a conference championship game and loosing to an unranked team. I will never seriously consider the argument that the Big Ten is the best college football conference until they institute a championship game.

I realize that we are anointing Ohio State contenders in that game when Missouri obviously still has the upper hand. However they have to beat a team that has beat them 6 games straight. I hope that Missouri can pull it out and West Virginia can handle Pittsburgh so that we can be enthralled with the slobbernocker that is Missouri vs. West Virginia. Talk about a ratings grabber.

lso, I am not a huge college basketball fan. I will watch if it is on HD but other than that, I will tune in come March. However, http://www.thebutlerduo.blogspot.com/ is very good about covering basketball. Head over there if you want your dose of college basketball action.