Saturday, March 15, 2008

Is this Hell?

For the next week Racecar, Daddo and I will be hitting the slopes in Beaver Creek and Vail, Colorado. I will be partaking in some live blogging and hopefully will get some great pictures of people who think they are really good at skiing proving to the world they definitely are not.

Racecar’s trip out to God’s Country went smoothly. He got to the airport in plenty of time, got through security (where he purposely made the metal detector go off so some big burly man could frisk him) and got on the plane like any 19 year old should be able to do. Delta Flight 1663 took off and landed and Andrew is sleeping comfortably in condo 12 at Beaver Creek West Condominiums. Daddo’s and my trip however did not go well. After waking up at 3am to get to the airport in time for our 6am flight to Cincinnati where we were supposed to meet up with Racecar (post frisking) President George W. Bush used his racist fog machine to blanket the city of Cincinnati with fog thereby making us late for Delta Flight 1663. You might be saying to yourself, “Will, you are white and so is Gee Dub, why would he use the racist fog machine on you?” That is a great question…I don’t have an answer for you (maybe we should ask Barack Obama’s pastor…he seems to know the genesis of all things evil…America and The Man being his favorite culprits).

Anyway, after sitting in the Delta Crown Room sipping on multiple Mr. T’s Bloody Mary Mix we were put on tomorrow’s (Sunday March 16) flight and got a fat discount at a local hotel that happens to be in the middle of freaking nowhere northern Kentucky. Needless to say, this commentator will not be getting lucky in Kentucky today/tonight. We were without “wheels” and therefore stuck in prison (or the Hampton Inn). After lunch and dinner at the neighboring Marriot (where there was a very attractive front desk girl…I picture her name being Tiffany) we decided to keep a low profile and watch a movie. This turned out to be a bad idea. Daddo and I decided on Good Luck Chuck…the unrated version. It reminded me of the time when I watched Super Bad with my Dad or listened to my Mom talk about Knocked Up or when I watched Jerry McGuire with my grandmother…just think back to the sex scene at the beginning. Someone had told me they watched this on a first date and it was very awkward…I should have heeded their advice.

After the hour and a half 2008 Awkward Fest, I decided it was time to “rest my eyes”, as GranMiller was always fond of saying. So I leave you tonight with proof that we did not just make up this horrific story so yall would feel bad for us while we secretly got a great day of skiing in. This is the Hampton Inn that we stayed at. Notice the lack of mountains (“that John Denver was full of sh*t”), lack of snow and abundance of grey clouds. That screams northern Kentucky. Here’s to hoping that tomorrow’s post is from Beaver Creek/Vail.