Monday, March 3, 2008

Barack Hus***in Obama

I have purposely stayed away from writing about politics lately, mainly because I am burnt out on it and have no excitement about the three remaining candidates (as Sean pointed out this weekend, this is the first election I have not supported the winner). However the recent controversy started by Willy Cunningham last week about the use of Barack Obama’s middle name has got me thinking that Barack, his wife Michelle, and the US media are all a bunch of babies. I realize that Hussein (his middle name) conjures up images of Saddam and contributes to the rumors of Barack being a Muslim (which he is not) but give me a break, its politics and has always involved dirty tricks. It doesn’t help when John Sidney McCain (who believe it or not is running on the Republican side of the ticket) runs out as fast as possible to apologize. Where is John Sidney McCain’s testicular fortitude? Willy Cunningham is an entertainer (talk radio host) and not a spokesman for any candidate. Why does McCain have to apologize for him? Will John come out and apologize for everyone who made fun of me because my middle name is Thomas and last name Sawyer. I will be awaiting his news conference. Where was the outrage when a Hillary Clinton questioner called President Bush a "bastard"? I forgot, the media hates George Bush and his wife is not running out calling anything said about him the “ultimate fear bomb”.


There is a solution to this middle name brouhaha. Someone has gotten the rights to Barack’s fake middle name and is auctioning it off for someone to rename. This is where the creative genius of D&F readers comes into play and we will finally give Barack a more mainstream middle name and Republican candidates won’t have to sprint out to the microphones to suck up to Hussein Obama and the media. Here are my suggestions and hopefully they will finally get the “stigma” of Hussein off to Barack’s back:

--Ahmadinejad
--Mohammad
--Jeffrey (but that might be too controversial…we will have to see)

Put your suggestions in the comment sections and if there are any good ones, I might actually bid on this thing and maybe D&F can be the official site of Barack Hussein Obama’s fake middle name.