Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I hate cats...and most things associated with them.


I know that I am definitely not a cat person…in fact, I despise cats. They are usually mean and if my cats growing up are any indication of cats in general, they keep you up at night with their horrible meowing. However, I realize that some of the readers might actually enjoy cats, so I figure I should write about cats and the people that love them every once in a while.

While looking through the Best of Craigslist, this dandy of an ad popped up. Headline:

“Carton of Irregular Cat Hats”

This had lonely cat lady written all over it. This is the type of person that when she dies, we get the news stories about the 78 cats that were running wild and pooping in her house. So I had to click to investigate further. If this was just a couple cat hats, I could understand. A couple means it is a hobby. More than two and it is a passion and this lady needs to find some friends that don’t have whiskers or nine lives.

It turns out there are 14 cat hats. According to the ad:

“There are many styles from formal to cute and funny.”


Lady, there is nothing cute or funny about cat hats. This is a serious condition that probably needs to be treated with heavy medication and the television show “Intervention”. She proceeds to post many pictures of Snowman (the cat who is now dead) looking miserable in the cat hats. In general, animals do not look happy when they are dressed up in clothes. There is no need for most pets to wear clothes…seeing how they have a think layer of hair to keep them warm. When people start to dress their pets up (outside of Halloween night) we as a society have failed to properly chastise those who do it. Therefore I take partial responsibility for this ladies actions. However I am doing something about it now.

She ends it with this tear jerker:

“I just hope you and your pet can find as much joy in these hats as me and Snowman once did.”


Patty, if that’s your real name, its time to grow up. Start acting like an adult.


Actual picture of Snowman in a cat hat that is supposed to make him look like a goat.