Monday, April 30, 2007

I Was Running! (should be read in the Forest Gump voice)

I am sorry that I did not post this earlier, but I was to busy recuperating from my 13.1 mile run, or as my dad would put it, 21.0824064 clicks (km) to have any energy to come down and post anything.

Well it is a new day and my legs are beginning to loosen up so I figured I had the energy to leave an update. Both Christie and I, along with Joseph, ran in the Music City Half Marathon on Saturday and, believe it or not, we all managed to finish. Joseph smoked all of us and finished in 1:47:01. Update: Joe's official time was not 1:47:01, but 1:44:32. While Christie and I finished later then Joseph, we still had respectable times. You can go here to see the results. Simply enter the last name and first name of the person you want to see. Please note that you should look at the chip time rather then the clock time. The chip time started when we crossed the start line and ended when we crossed the finish line. The clock time started when the first racers started. I am happy to say that I finished in 8,697th place, and yes I did receive a medal for it.

Overall it was a good run, and after finishing I swore that I would never do it again. However, after taking a couple of days to heal it may be fun to run it again to see if I could beat my time and finish under the 2 hour mark.

For your viewing pleasure we were able to secure footage of me crossing the finish line. Joseph after finishing his run had enough time to go home and get the video camera to record me crossing the finish line. Damn that guy who passed me right at the end with his fist in the air.