Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Give Me A Break...

We at D&F love this next story. You see, we do not like Barry Bonds. In fact, we actually hope that he gets some career ending injury that will prevent him from breaking Hank's record and expose him for the cheater he is.

But I digress. It seems that Bonds has been whining about the lack of communication and help that Hank Aaron has shown him. Hank was interviewed about this a couple days ago and had this to say.:

“I’m sorry Barry feels that way, and I don’t have any resentment toward him whatsoever, but I have no intention of trying to get in contact with him or doing anything with him in regard to his [chasing the record]. Nothing. Why should I?” said Aaron, who discovered only recently that the privately sensitive slugger for the San Francisco Giants wants to become pen pals or something. “It’s really not a big concern of mine. I don’t know why I should have to do anything. I might send him a telegram, and that would be the extent of it.”

That is too bad. I am about to embark on a new career and I am pissed that Hank Aaron has not called me to give me advice either. I am with Barry on this one, I think Hank should get on the phone (or telegraph) and help all of us out. I am sure it is real difficult having to deal with the pressures of breaking a baseball record while juicing up. Give me a break.

--the quote was provided by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and Deadspin.com