Tuesday, July 22, 2008

College Football is Almost Here

We are a mere 35 days from the start of the 2008 college football season, and I cannot wait. I love football season - grilling out (different from barbecue for your yankee heathens out there), watching Auburn, making fun of THE Ohio State fans - football season is without a doubt the best time of the year. You also have two of the best holidays in the midst of it - Thanksgiving and Christmas. My logic is unassailable.

To help get everyone else as pumped up, I bring you this fun poll. You can rank how you think the SEC will end this year. I didn't bother finding a similar poll for the Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10, or Big East simply because it doesn't matter how those conferences finish. Some sacrificial lamb will be brought forth on Thursday, January 8, and an SEC team will proceed to demonstrate how college football is played.

If THE Ohio State University manages to weasel their way into the championship again and lose to an SEC team, I am going to seriously start a petition to have the entire Big-10 conference knocked down to D-2, or whatever they're calling it these days.

And because I know you're curious as to how I ranked the SEC, here's my list:

East
1 - Georgia
2 - Florida
3 - South Carolina
4 - Tennessee
5 - Vanderbilt
6 - Kentucky

West
1 - Auburn
2 - LSU
3 - Mississippi State
4 - Ole Miss
5 - Arkansas
6 - Alabama

Actually, Alabama may finish higher, but as part of my degree from Auburn, I'm required to put Alabama last in every poll or the university will revoke my degree.