Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Breaking News: John Edwards Still Full of S#$&

I didn't watch John Edwards' little confession last Friday for two reasons. One, it wasn't a confession. Based solely on his little hide and seek game in a LA hotel, I would have called up 'Cheaters' and started writing my unauthorized biography of the love child.

Two, because it's John Edwards, I knew his statement would be an exercise in self-indulgent crap that somehow tried to rationalize having an affair while your wife is dying of cancer is just like forgetting to pay for the newspaper - a minor mistake that everyone makes at some point in their life.

I wasn't disappointed. We got gems like "I was 99% honest" and "I...became increasingly egocentric and narcissistic." The later statement is interesting - I really don't see how two miserable failures at the Presidency and one failed shot at Vice-President would make someone narcissistic and egocentric unless he was already a pompous ass...Oh, wait...I get it now.

Fox News decided to do some investigating into Edwards' claim that the affair was short lived, and shockingly enough, it appears the ambulance chaser is still not being 100% honest - I guess we're up to 99.4% honesty. I didn't bother reading the details because like the first attempts at denial, I don't believe a single word Edwards says.

Oh well - I guess we're stuck with this for at least the next week or so until the next little white girl goes missing or a hurricane / earthquake / rock formation falling apart renews claims that global warming is only 3 months away from destroying the planet.