Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Always Insure an "A" Boarding Pass from Southwest

How many times have you flown Southwest, gotten to the airport extra early, check in and then realize you are boarding with the "C" group of your Southwest flight. It has happened to me a lot and it always annoys the heck out of me, because I am then guaranteed a seat in the middle. I found this hack and thought I would share it with all you other Southwest flyers out there. Haha Southwest, no more "B" and "C" Class for me, I am one of the elites. I should note that this may seem a little high tech for me so I will probably never try it, but it is still good to know that I could if I wanted to. Warning: It states on the ticket if you modify your ticket in anyway, and are caught, your ticket is Void. So procede at your own risk.

From http://www.boardfast.blogspot.com/:

1) Use Firefox (IE cannot correctly save the web page).
2) When viewing your boarding pass, click "File" then "Save Page As". You want the "Save as Type" to be "Web Page, Complete".
3) Save this graphic: http://www.southwest.com/images/boardingA.gif somewhere on your hard drive.
4) Use any HTML editor to change the "B" or "C" graphic on your saved boarding pass to the "A" graphic that you saved.

You now have an A boarding pass. This works perfectly, and before you ask - no - the A, B, or C is not embedded or associated in any way with the barcode on the side so you'll be fine. If you don't believe me, watch the screen attached to the boarding pass scanner the next time you are boarding on Southwest. It just turns green and says "Valid Boarding Pass" - nothing about boarding group.

Of course you could get on board first the old fashion way: fake an injury, use a wheel chair, and while they are rolling you down think to yourself, ha ha suckers.

-Dink